11 Facts you should know before obtaining the citizenship of Vanuatu
Published at: 04/08/2020 09:20 am
Last week, the Ni-Vanuatu people have gathered to celebrate 40 years of independence, with a nine-day public holiday. Crowds celebrated on the streets without fear or the need of social distancing since Vanuatu is among the few places free of the novel coronavirus. Did you know, that Vanuatu offers perhaps the most attractive and affordable citizenship by investment program? This is what you should know before becoming a citizen of Vanuatu:
- The passport of Vanuatu allows you to visit visa-free 129 countries, including the Schengen-zone (EU), UK, Ireland, Hong Kong, Russia, Singapore and most Commonwealth countries, including Australia and the Caribbean states.
- Vanuatu offers the most affordable citizenship by investment program in the world. A single investor may donate only 80,000 USD in exchange for the citizenship of Vanuatu. For a family of four, the amount of donation increases only to 130,000 USD!
- There are no taxes for individuals on Vanuatu, except for the VAT (12,5%), import duties, share transfers and rental income.
- Vanuatu offers the fastest naturalisation process, to become a citizen of Vanuatu and receive the passports only takes two months!
- Discuss Holdings Ltd's clients enjoy our 100% success rate in obtaining the citizenship and passports of Vanuatu!
What are the facts you should know to move in Vanuatu to visit, stay or live there as a citizen?
- It is not necessary to visit Vanuatu to become a citizen.
- Vanuatu is the fourth happiest country in the world, according to the Happy Planet Index and the most sustainable jurisdiction in the worldwide comparison.
- You can rent a one-bedroom apartment from 880 USD/month a three-bedroom flat starts at 1,600 USD per month. If you would like to buy real estate, the square meter price is at least 730 USD in Vanuatu.
- More than half of the population speaks English. Other spoken languages are French and Bislama, but you can found more than one hundred languages in Vanuatu, and that's why it is per capita the "world's most linguistically diverse country".
- Vanuatu is one of the ten most tobacco-free countries, according to the WHO (World Health Organisation). The legislators of the archipelago are also trying to ban junk food since 2017.
- Vanuatu is not a boring place. You can enjoy the perfect beaches, discover shipwrecks, take a look inside a volcano, and spot dugongs. Moreover, it is one of the least visited countries in the world so that you can enjoy the exotic lifestyle without the hordes of mass tourism.
- Did you know that villagers from Vanuatu invented bungee jumping?
If you are interested in obtaining the passport of Vanuatu, set up a consultation with our experts here!
« RETURN TO ALL NEWS