Malta Permanent Residence Programme (MPRP) details
Published at: 18/05/2021 09:46 am
The MPRP (Malta Permanent Residence Programme) is an upgraded residency-by-investment scheme based on investments in real estate and government donations. The processing time is four to six months.
Advantages of the Malta Permanent Residence Programme
The residents of Malta through the MPRP:
- have the right to settle, live and reside permanently on the island nation of Malta;
- have Visa-free travel across the European Schengen zone, three months per each half-year (90 out of 180 days);
- have or rent real estate in Malta;
- the application can include four generations of your family.
Requirements of the Malta Permanent Residence Programme
Qualifying applicants of the Maltese Permanent Residence Programme:
- the applicants can't be EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, they must be third-country nationals;
- the circle of not eligible (sanctioned) countries depends on the announcements of the Residency Malta Agency;
- the applicants can't have a Maltese residence permit under other regulations or schemes;
- receive regular and stable income, enough to maintain themselves and their dependants, without applying for help to the social assistance system of Malta;
- the applicants must represent they have capital assets of not less than €500,000 in capital assets, out of which a minimum of €150,000 must be financial assets;
- be a fit-and-proper person and must have a clean criminal record;
- the applicants can't represent any potential threat to the national security, public policy, public health or public interest of Malta and the European Union.
To participate in the Programme, applicants must:
- apply through a Licensed (official) Agent;
- pay a non-refundable administrative fee of €40,000;
- rent a real estate for a minimum of €10,000 in the South of Malta/Gozo or €12,000 in the rest of Malta; or
- purchase a residential real estate for at least €300,000 in the South of Malta/Gozo or €350,000 in the rest of national territory;
- donate to the Government €28,000 if purchasing a real estate or €58,000 if renting a property;
- hold the qualifying property for a minimum period of five years;
- donate €2,000 to a local philanthropic, cultural, scientific, artistic, sport or animal welfare NGO registered with the Maltese Commissioner of Voluntary Organisations;
- own a passport;
- buy a sickness insurance policy of cover all risks across Malta;
- have travel insurance when travelling across Schengen.
Discus Holding Ltd's headquarters is in Malta's beautiful capital city, Valletta and we are official agents of the Maltese immigration programmes for investors, since the beginning of these schemes. Take a look at our detailed explanations of the Maltese residency schemes or set up a free consultation here!
Licence number: AKM-DALL-21
« RETURN TO ALL NEWS